At Home With >> Joanna of A Cup of JO

10.9.12


Today on At Home With we have the very lovely Joanna of A Cup of Jo... What a treat... Welcome Joanna!

>> Hello, my name is... Joanna Goddard
>> I live in... New York, NY
>> I am a... Writer & Blogger
>> My home is a... Walk-up apartment
>> My most favourite part of my home is... Hmmm, tough question! If it's one object, I really love the cloud window shade in my son Toby's room. He has a sailboat mobile, and those two things combined remind me of the pirate ships sailing through the sky in the movie Peter Pan.
>> My favourite room is... Our bedroom. It's bright and cheery, and I spend a TON of time here, both working during the day and learning how to play guitar at night (my husband is teaching me).
>> My most recent purchase for my home was... Striped sheets from Unison Home.
>> My favourite place to shop for home wares is... John Derian. His store feels like a Paris flea market.
>> For me the most important thing about a home is... Filling it with people you love. We have a very "open door" policy, where friends know they can stop by anytime, and there's always a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge.
>> A house is only a home when...You feel truly comfortable. For years, I lived in apartments that just felt like a place to eat and sleep, and now I finally feel relaxed in my place. I've found that hanging family photos, creating some cozy spaces (think: a comfy bed, a stack of magazines) and just spending time relaxing there really helps. Housewarming parties really do help warm up a house!

And here is a little sneak peek into Joanna's beautiful little apartment...

Thanks Joanna!

4 comments:

Barren @ Clinton apartments :

Love the interiors of the apartments that have been showcased above they really seems to be great and inspiring.

Anonymous :

Lottie, this is a great interview--and I love all of your At Home With interviews and photos. How do you get such great photos of their spaces from around the globe? I'm fascinated with your process!
Best,
Margaret

Happenstance :

This was great. Love Joanna. Love her walk-up.

Conversation Pieces :

What a lovely peek! I love the idea of having an open door policy... though that involves having a tidy flat all the time! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lottie Loves... All rights reserved © Blog Milk