The Creative Loves Of >> Mir Dinara

18.9.12


Today we welcome Dinara Mirtalipova of  Mir Dinara to Creative Loves... Dinara is a crafter and a maker from Tashkent City in Uzbekistan. Her work doesn't fall into any set category but instead ranges from the creation of prints, posters and paintings to stuffed toys and kitchen tea towels. Welcome Dinara!

>> Can you tell me about your work space? My husband and I and my little daughter live in a super teeny tiny 2 bedroom apartment. One of the rooms was turned into our art/computer room. I have my sewing machine and cutting table there next to the art table and the computers are on the other side of the room.  It is not very spacious therefore I made sure I have plenty of shelves and storage.

>> Have you always been creatively driven? I was the "creative" one throughout the elementary, middle and high school. But I never took myself serious and have never considered myself an artist. I went to The University of Economics in Tashkent, Uzbekistan to study Cybernetics. But once graduated I realized that all that field of study was very boring to me and I wanted to do something different like doodling and drawing all day long.

>> What inspires you, where do you go for ideas? Best source of ideas is movies, music and books to me. I get overwhelmed by reading too many illustrated magazines, creative online blogs or shopping in very decorated boutiques. My inspiration comes from a quiet place, while being one-on-one with my soul, dreaming about the future and imagining things. I tend to write down those short stories from my imagination in my sketch book and years later when I re-discover those books it becomes the best source for my inspiration!

>> Please tell us about your current Creative Loves...
>> Photography - 
 Monsters Inside & Rusanson
>> Home / Interiors - Ikea Family Live
>> Blogs - Eye Likey & Camilla Engman
>> Magazines - Uppercase & National Geographic
>> Shops - Upon a Fold & Etsy


>> What is a typical work day for you? 
Oh, it's funny, because I am a very relaxed and a quiet person, but my days are very busy and loud, I'm always in a hurry, I'm always getting late to places and meetings. I'm a young mom and a wife and a daughter. I have a day job, so I get up very early at 5:30am and get everybody ready for the day. Then I drive to work where I happened to be a hand lettering artist for one of the largest greetings card company. After I come home from work my husband and I cook fresh full meals every day. And all these is happening while my daughter Sabrina is learning how  to walk, so one of us always makes sure she is not getting in where she is not supposed to, while another one is preparing a meal :-)) And being a mom and a wife is like having a second job. Then after dinner it's time for Sabrina to go to sleep, so we start the sleeping routine - bathing, book reading and then finally sleeping. And only then I can relax and sit down, check my emails, see what's happening in the world while I was away. And this is the time when I can draw and create. So I go to bed after everybody is asleep, usually very tired and ready to pass out :-)

>> How do you approach each new project? I really like trying new ways and new tools. And I'm not seeking easy routs. I like working with acrylics, color pencils, ink pens, I scan my work and finish it in Photoshop.

>> What projects are you working on at the moment? 
Currently I'm working on illustrating a book for my little daughter. I have started it a while ago and I had no idea it would take me so long to finish it. It is a book about numbers and circus characters.

>> What has been the most interesting or exciting project you've worked on? I think every project is very exciting. It's hard to name one. I like collaborative work and working in groups. I like taking on new projects and meeting new clients.

>> In terms of your work what couldn't you live without? 
I couldn't live without a cup of rich coffee in the morning. It wakes me up and gives me the feeling like I can take on the world!  But if serious, I couldn't live without my scanner and my wacom tablet.


>> What do you love most about what you do? I love the freedom! I think every artist is a free man, because what's in your head belongs only to you, and with your imagination you can re-discover undiscovered!

>> What do you want to do in the future? I want to teach my daughter to be an artist, how to think creatively and see things and let your imagination take you to places.

>> Where are you happiest? 
I am happiest with my family, on a sunny warm day :-)

Thanks Dinara

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lottie Loves... All rights reserved © Blog Milk