At Home With >> Caro of While the Sun Shines

10.12.12


Hello friends! As promised normal service resumes on the blog this week although I am in Sao Paulo so blogging from a not so normal for me spot, it's hot! I'm starting the week with an At Home With interview with the lovely Caro of While the Sun Shines, a blog I love! But just before I start a quick reminder that you can enter the most recent 24 Merry Days giveways here, here and here...

Hello, my name is >> Caro
I live in >> Virginia, USA
I am a >> Wife, daughter, sister, maker of paper things and a graphic designer
My home is a >> U-shaped brick ranch with a step-down living room and a great layout
My favourite part of my home is >> The quietness of its rooms in the early morning. The open spaces, slowly filling with light make every day feel fresh.
My favourite room is >> The kitchen, always changing, rarely empty
My most recent purchase for my home was >> A C.Jere metal sunburst with birds on it, I have been waiting to find one for over our credenza and seeing it up there on the wall, makes me smile a quiet little smile. 
My favourite place to shop for home ware is >> The curb, the thrift store, and of course IKEA. My husband Tim and I love giving a new home to pieces other can no longer use. We also value having things that don't feel too precious. We want our home to be functional and comfortable for others to be in when they are visiting, and we never want to be so in love with a thing that it becomes more important than the person using it. 
For me the most important thing about a home is >> The people you share it with, not just the ones who love there, but also those you invite into it. 
A house is only a home when >> It's full. Tim and I both came from families of six, so when we first got married and moved into a tiny little apartment by ourselves, we both turned to each other and said "where is everybody else?" Now, our house feels most like a home when we're sharing it with others....

And here is a sneaky peek look at Caro's lovely home.... 


Thank you so much Caro!

4 comments:

Harmony :

Preciosísimo post

Chiara :

What a beautiful home! I am very jealous!

Milynn {Love + Whimsy} :

She has such a beautiful home I love the colors that carry throughout her home.

caro :

Thanks so much Charlotte, for including us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lottie Loves... All rights reserved © Blog Milk